We Are Teachers
Yes, we do green buildings. But more than that, the USGBC Northern Gulf Coast Region is all about education and community outreach. We are educators, and educators are the bedrock of our society and, indeed, our culture. Our volunteer family consistently shares knowledge, builds networks, and facilitates learning of stakeholders interested in sustainability.
Over the years, OUR teachers have created industry-leading learning opportunities for professionals and hands-on projects that benefit our community, including:
- Regular monthly educational programs, including with valuable CEs for GBCI and AIA
- Educational tours of LEED projects.
- LEED training classes and workshops.
- Webinar and Edu-Casts series presentation (including with GBCI LEED-specific CEs).
- Partnerships with the local chapters of AIA, ASHRAE, SAME, CSI, Gulf Coast Energy Network ... and more.
- Partnerships with the CSI Annual Trade Show and Gulf Coast Energy Network’s Power Up Energy Expo, as well as other collaborations.
- Green Drinks / GREENworking events.
- Participation in public advocacy activities, including RESTORE Act public meetings and Legislative Days in Tallahassee.
- Green Apple Day of Service programs for the Escambia County School District, Pensacola MESS Hall ... and more.
AND ... AND ... AND ...
Like all great teachers,
we make our classroom fun!