USGBC South Florida's Miami Branch is proud to support the University of Miami's Earth Day celebration, which is bringing together environmental stewards, enthusiasts, educators, experts, students and policy makers to celebrate this special day.
HUG THE LAKE 2017 !
Come celebrate Mother Earth on the Lakeside Patio on April 21 from 10am to 3 pm. This is a FREE event and there is no need to register.
Thank You to Our Sponsor -- Green U !
10am: Green Fair - ECO art exhibit
12pm: HUG THE LAKE
12.30pm: Roberta “Bosey” Fullbright Foote Environmental Prize Ceremony
1pm-3pm: Net Zero Energy Concert with Frost School of Music
During the day, you will have a chance to:
- Pass by the ECO-Green U table to get your punching card, visit our booths and start learning while having fun.
- Learn from our partners how they promote sustainability in our region: Check the list of vendors from the Green Fair below.
- Win sustainable prizes like reusable water bottles, recycled fiber bags or sustainable food vouchers.
- Listen to a Frost School of Music sponsored concert. The electricity used for the concert will be offset by Renewable Energy Credits, making the concert NET ZERO ENERGY.
- Admire the Eco-minded work of art from UM School of Art’s professors.
HUG THE LAKE is presented by Random Act of Kindness and the Butler Center for Service and Leadership.
At 12pm, attendees are invited to join organizers for 15 minutes at Lake Osceola to celebrate Earth Day by participating in our Green Booths and Hugging the Lake.
GREEN FAIR List of themes and vendors:
Waste Diversion (Waste Management, Dade Recycling, Shred-It); Water (Coca Cola, Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Dept); Green Purchasing (VWR, Staples); Green Building (USGBC Florida); Renewable Energy (Alternate Energy Company); Alternative Transportation (Zipcar, SemaConnect EV charging station; UM Parking and Transportation).
Local Nonprofit and Government: Coral Gables Office of Sustainability, Dream in Green, Citizen Climate Lobby, Treemendous, USGBC Florida Miami Branch, UF Extension - MDC Florida Yards & Neighborhoods.
Sustainable Food: UM Dining Services, Herbert Wellness Center, Solar Smoothies with UM Student Health, and Ice Cream at Ben & Jerrys
UM Student Organizations: USGBC Student Chapter; CommUnity Garden Club; Environmental Law Society; Green Committee; Plant Based Canes; Food Recovery Network.
Visit the event website ...
For more information, contact Jesse Rittenhouse or phone at 786-389-6001.