USGBC Northern Gulf Coast is proud to join the Gulf Coast Energy Network, the City of Pensacola and other local community organizations and stakeholders promoting the first-ever Sustainable Cities Summit in Pensacola on September 28.
Mark your calendars to join architects, planners, policy makers, energy professionals, builders/developers, and other green-building advocates for this day-long workshop filled with informative, technical presentations by subject-experts from across many sectors.
Keith Wilkins, Assistant City Administrator with the City of Pensacola, will deliver the welcome address. Other sessions include urban master planning, green roofs, community solar energy projects, electric vehicles, and sustainable waste management. Peter Torrellas with Siemens will give a forward-looking presentation on technology’s role in a smart, sustainable city.
For more information, click here or contact Dave Robau (850-855-2108).
9:30am -- Opening Remarks: Dave Robau, Executive Director, Gulf Coast Energy Network
9:45am -- Welcome Message: Keith Wilkins, Assistant City Administrator, City of Pensacola
10-11:30am -- Session 1: Planning for Sustainability
- Dr. Haris Alibasic, Assistant Professor, University of West Florida
- David Bailey, Town Manager at Rosemary Beach, Florida
- Brian Spencer, SMP Architects
1-1:45pm -- Session 2: Technology's Role in Smart, Sustainable Cities -- Peter Torrellas, Siemens
2-2:45pm -- Session 3: Babcock Ranch: The World's First Solar Powered Town-- speaker tbd
3-4pm -- Session 4: Elements of a Sustainable City
- Sustainable Master Planning -- Christian Wagley, Sustainable Town Concepts
- Sustainable Solid Waste Management & Resource Recovery -- Terry Moore, WastAway, LLC
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program -- Erin Deady, Deady Law PA
- Stormwater Management and Green Roofs -- Joel Garland, Soprema
4-4:45pm -- Session 5: Renewable Energy and Alternative Transportation
- Community Solar Programs -- Craig Livingston, RenaSola
- Electrical Vehicles in Smart Cities -- Charlie Driver, Gulf Power Company
- Electrical Vehicle Charging Infrastructure -- Michael Reed, ABM
4:45pm -- Workshop Wrap-Up -- Dave Robau, Executive Director, Gulf Coast Energy Network