Discussions about the water-energy nexus have reignited conversations about energy impacts and consumption. Presenters will use real-world examples to show how unique building and space types have successfully implemented and documented their energy impacts and performance. During this session, we will delve into how LEED addresses energy today through LEED v4 and through pilot credits and also take a look towards how today's trending topics, like the water-energy nexus impact LEED's future goals. Intermediate level.
Corey Enck, LEED AP VP, LEED Technical Development, U.S. Green Building Council
Sarah Talkington, PE, LEED AP BD+C, CEM, CNU-A Austin Energy Green Building Commercial Manager Austin Energy
Christian Cianfrone Principal, Building Energy Practice Lead Morrison Hershfield
- Provide an overview of how LEED v4 addresses energy in all rating systems - LEED BD+C, ID+C, O+M, ND and Homes - and related credits.
- Review different strategies for achieving the LEED v4 energy-related credit across all LEED rating systems.
- Review real world examples of how LEED energy-related credits and strategies have been applied.
- Discuss the future of energy issues, solutions and strategies and the impact they have on the development of future LEED credits and pilot credits.
- 1 GBCI LEED Specific v4: BD+C, ID+C, O+M, ND, HOMES, Green Associate (self-reporting)
- 1 AIA LU/HSW (USGBC Florida reports if your AIA # is on file)
- 1 BOMI CPD credit (self-reporting)
- 1 IDCEC credit (self-reporting)
LOCATION OF WEBCAST
- In Person at Auld & White Constructors, 4168 Southpoint Pkwy #101, Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Coffee and bagels served)
- At your Desk via GoToWebinar (watch for email from this registration as there is one more step to get your GTW access)
HOSTMany thanks to USGBC Northeast Florida Region volunteers for hosting this webcast!
Kudos to Auld & White Constructors for being our venue host for the Best of Greenbuild Series!
TWO STEP REGISTRATION PROCESSPLEASE NOTE: There is a two step process to this registration. You will receive an email after this (check your junk and clutter mail if you don't receive something) that will have an email with a URL inside the body that you will need to click on and add your name and email to obtain a unique access link directly from GoToWebinar before your registration is complete. To recap, register now, open email from firstname.lastname@example.org and click on link, add your name and email, and get final email with direct login url for webcast.
Let other people know about this opportunity. Share this event through Facebook.
Connect with us on our various social media channels:
Cost of program includes coffee and bagels unless you are attending remotely, free/$0-$25 depending on membership level, and all proceeds go back into the nonprofit to host more webcasts and support advocacy efforts like educating about solar amendments and trying to save the green building seat on the Florida Building Commission and initiatives like LiveSMART (Sustainable Materials Resources Trailer) that educates 30,000 people a year about sustainable living and green building, LEEDing Tiny (striving to be the first LEED certified tiny house ever), and creating a tiny house community for veterans.